Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Frame Jewelry Box ::: Elizabeth


My husband "inherited" this wooden frame with a white tiger in it. It has moved with us several times and I tried to slowly fade it out of view for years but the hubby just wouldn't let go of it. So instead I decided to make something constructive out of it. A hidden jewelry box it must be!



I went to Home Depot and bought a 1x3x6 for the outside frame and (3) 1/2x3x3 for the inside dividers. I also bought a piece of scrap backing and about 40 little gold hooks.

I built the frame to be the exact size of the frame then built the inside an installed the hooks then put it all together. I used hinges I found in my in-laws garage and installed a magnetic clasp (so the door wouldn't swing open) that I found on an unused medicine cabinet in the basement.
Here's the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment