Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pallet Shelving ::: Melissa

Shelving made from old pallets! This project was made from materials I had on hand, so it cost nothing to create!

    Materials:
  • Old Pallets
  • Jigsaw
  • Finish Nails
  • Sandpaper
  • Wood Glue
  • Rubber Stamps
  • Black Stain 
  • 'Pop tops' for hanging
  

First, I went out and found an old pallet. I brought it inside and used my jigsaw to cut one section off of the pallet.

Here is what the cut off section looks like. I decided to hold on to it since it is interesting, and I thought I may be able to find a use for it later. Next, I cut the pallet after every second 1x4.


I removed one of the 1x4 pieces and used glue and nails to secure it to the bottom. Here, my two year old can be seen inspecting my work.

Finally I used my jigsaw to cut a smooth design in the exposted 2x4's.


I sanded down the rough edges, and then used my homemade stamps and some black stain to finish the project. A few 'pop tops' screwed to the back for hangers, and these were ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment