Monday, February 13, 2012

Picure Windows ::: Melissa


Making picture frames out of salvaged windows. I used sandpaper This project was made out of only materials I had on hand, so the cost was $0.


Materials:

·   Old Window
·   Sandpaper/Sander
·   Black spray paint
·   White paint
·   Masking tape
·   Scissors
·   Sharpe marker
·   Flat blade scraper
·   8x10 glass
·   'Pop tops' for hanging


The windows were in bad shape, so used the scraper to remove all the excess paint from the glass.


When I was finished, I sanded down all wood areas to get a clean, smooth surface.


I taped off the front of the windows and then white-washed (1 part paint with 1 part water) the frames. This cleaned up the windows without taking away from their character.



Using a Sharpe marker, I marked off on the back 3/4" from all corners of the windows.


Then, I taped over the inside.


I used spray paint and applied several layer to act as a border for my photos.

With the tape removed you can see the finished window.

I applied a single 'pop top' to the back of each frame, and then mounted the photos and glass.

The finished product is a picture frame that can be used to display several different sizes of photo. The photos are easily removed or changed by taking out the glass on the back that is held in place with glazing point.






No comments:

Post a Comment