Friday, February 10, 2012

Homemade Stamps ::: Melissa


While researching old wood, I found that many things were stamped. Things like old crates and spools were used to ship items, and had all kinds of neat ink on them. I decided that in order to make my new wood look old I should have stamps too. So I made some! Total project cost: $3!


Materials: 
·   Foam Sheets
·   Foam Letters/Numbers
·   Elmers Glue
·   Wooden Blocks
·   Exacto Knife


I went to the good old Dollar Tree, and bought foam sheets, letters, and (what I thought were) numbers. Turned out later the numbers were actually more like post-it notes!

 I found a stamp on many old crates, and decided to replicate it. It looked like two stems with leaves coming out of the middle. First I drew the shape onto the foam, and then I used an exacto knife to cut it out.

I found a 1x4x4 block of scrap wood and cut a square of foam to fit. Then cut another shape that I thought would be an interesting stamp.


I took my cut foam and glued each piece to the scrap wood using Elmer's glue.


I made a few other stamps with random letters and numbers as well. Now you can make stamps for anything you like! They work with ink, paint, or in my case...stain!


No comments:

Post a Comment